Having a visually appealing and functional website is paramount for any website owner. WordPress provides a strong base for building websites. When looking to improve the appearance and capabilities of your website, ThemeForest makes finding a theme to suit your brand and needs straightforward. In this article, we take a closer look at ThemeForest, examining what it is, the pros and cons of using it, and whether you should consider purchasing ThemeForest themes for your website.
What Is ThemeForest?
ThemeForest↗︎ is not just a marketplace; it’s a thriving hub within the broader Envato Market. As part of this extensive network, it specialises in offering a diverse range of themes for WordPress, WooCommerce, and HTML templates making it a popular destination for both buyers and sellers of website themes.
What Is A WordPress Theme?
WordPress themes control the overall design and functionality of a WordPress site. There are many types of themes available, including blog-focused, business, eCommerce, portfolio, and more. It’s generally best to choose a lean, fast-loading theme that only includes the essential features you need. Overly complex themes can slow down your site’s performance. Opting for a theme that follows WordPress coding standards↗︎ will provide the best experience.
Why Is ThemeForest A Popular Destination For WordPress Themes?
One glance at ThemeForest’s vast selection, and you’ll understand why it’s valued among WordPress enthusiasts. With thousands of WordPress and WooCommerce themes at your disposal, it claims the title of the largest WordPress theme marketplace globally. This sheer variety ensures that there’s something for everyone, regardless of the niche or style of website you’re looking to create.
Quality vs Quantity: Are ThemeForest WordPress Themes Worth It?
While ThemeForest has many themes, it’s important to choose carefully. The quality varies, and some themes may be too complex for your needs. Quality varies, and while you’ll undoubtedly encounter well-designed and optimised themes, there are instances of over-bloated themes. Take, for example, Avada, a widely purchased theme on ThemeForest. While it’s immensely popular, it can be deemed a ‘jack of all trades, master of none.’ Its versatility can be a double-edged sword, as it might overwhelm users seeking simplicity in their web design projects. Therefore, it’s essential to carefully assess your project’s requirements to choose a theme that is built for performance.
What’s the Price Tag for ThemeForest Themes?
The value of ThemeForest lies not only in its extensive selection but also in its accessibility. WordPress themes on this marketplace come in a broad price range, starting from as low as £15 and reaching up to £300. However, on average most themes are priced at £45. What’s more, you only make this payment once, and in return, you receive lifetime updates for your chosen theme.
Support: A Valuable Perk of ThemeForest Themes
When you buy a theme from ThemeForest, you’re entitled to support from the theme’s developers for the first year. This support can prove invaluable, especially for new WordPress users. However, it’s worth noting that after this initial year, you’ll need to purchase an extended support license if you wish to continue receiving assistance from developers.
Popular Picks: The Top WordPress Themes on ThemeForest
To aid you in your quest for the ideal WordPress theme, here’s a snapshot of some of the most popular↗︎ options on ThemeForest along with their key features:
- Avada (914,000+ sales↗︎) – A versatile and customisable theme with drag and drop builder. Includes WooCommerce integration.
- The 7 (293,000+ sales↗︎) – A multipurpose theme with a page builder and eCommerce capabilities. Focused on speed and conversion optimisation.
- Be (284,000+ sales↗︎) – A flexible theme for blogs, portfolios and WooCommerce stores. Comes with pre-built demos and one-click install.
- Flatsome (223,000+ sales↗︎) – Tailored for WooCommerce shops with advanced marketing tools and SEO optimisation built-in.
- Newspaper (136,000+ sales↗︎) – Ideal for news, magazine and blog sites. Comes with multiple blog layouts and drag and drop builder.
- Porto (85,000+ sales↗︎) – A WooCommerce-ready theme designed for versatility. Includes dozens of pre-built websites to choose from.
- Impreza (100,000+ sales↗︎) – A popular multipurpose theme focused on speed and customisation options. Works with Beaver Builder for easy editing.
While we do not recommend ThemeForest themes, it’s worth considering the marketplace for your upcoming WordPress project, as it can serve as an excellent source of inspiration.