The Minimal 20/17 WordPress theme is a free minimalistic child theme for the Twenty Seventeen WordPress theme.
To install the Minimal 20/17 WordPress child theme, you can either download it from the WordPress repository or you can install it directly from the WordPress theme manager by searching for Minimal 20/17.
- In your admin dashboard, go to Appearance -> Themes and click the ‘Add New button’.
- Type in Minimal 20/17 in the search form and press the ‘Enter’ key on your keyboard.
- Click on the ‘Activate’ button to use your new theme right away.
- Go to https://wordpress.org/support/article/twenty-seventeen/ for a guide on how to customize this theme.
- Navigate to Appearance > Customize and customize however you like.
How to make the theme look like the demo
To customise the theme follow these simple steps.
- In your admin dashboard, go to Appearance -> Customize
- Select Site Identity and enter your Website Name and Tagline
- Next, go back and select Header Media and click on the Hide Image button
- Go back, and now select Homepage Settings
- Change your Homepage Display to ‘Your Latest Posts‘
- Final customizer step, go back and select Widgets
- Select Blog Sidebar and remove all widgets. You can also remove all footer widgets if you wish to.
- Click Publish and exit.
- Activate the Easy Social Icons plugin from the WordPress plugin manager.
- Now go to Easy Social Icons -> Settings
- Change icon height and width to 20px and then untick the option ‘Use Original Color‘
- And finally, change the Icon Background Colour to #f9f9f9 and the Icon Colour to #33333